Monday 29 September 2014

Summer Series | Rome

Colosseum

curls and way blog
St Mary Maggiore
St Peter's Basilica
The Vatican
Vatican artwork
So its officially autumn. The end of the sunshine (as sunny as the UK can be anyway) season has me looking back over the past few months. Summer of '14 has been one of the craziest and busiest times of my life. Rome, graduation, festivals and gigs have made it a summer to remember. Because of this, and my lack of blogging for months, I had idea to start a 'Summer Series' where I basically reminisce on all of the amazing time I have had. Now there is a genuine worry that this may lead to me crying in to a pillow and screaming 'TAKE ME BACK!!', but it's also an excuse to look though all of my photos and relive all of my memories.

I kicked off my summer by jumping on that little bird and jetting off to Rome for the week with my sister. Only a few hours after landing I had decided that this was the best place on earth and where I wanted to spend the rest of my life. We spend the week visiting amazing places such as the Vatican, the Colosseum, Pompeii, Naples, the Trevi fountain and the Sistine Chapel. I was hooked. The architecture, the history, the food, the fashion, the men....I never wanted to leave. What more could you want then spending the day looking at amazing historical sites at the evening with a fro-yo in hand shopping and listening to the local street musicians.

Choosing a few of my favourite places to write about is so difficult but I have to say that nothing took my breath away like the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peters Basilica did. Floor to ceiling artworks done by some of the greats, Michelangelo, Raphael, Di Vinci, Bellini to name just a small fraction. But it was more than the sculptures, the paintings, the architecture and the scale. It was the feeling that this is such an important place with secrets and huge religious and historical importance. But in all honesty, the whole of Rome has this same magical feeling.

I truly believe no other place will capture my heart like Rome has.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment